Position: Research (Senior)
Themis Foresight is a Think Tank and Foresight Company.
We conduct scientific research exploring future developments of the next 10 to 15 years. By identifying key drivers and impacts that will change the business models of companies and industries long-term we help our clients make the right strategic decisions today.
You have been professionally involved with corporate foresight for some time and are looking for new challenges? Then apply as a
- Develop & carry out scientific research studies that enrich our inhouse futures literacy.
- Design & run customized scientific research projects for our business clients that offer them guidance in defining their future strategies
- Create & deliver workshops and presentations for our clients
- Write futures research papers and articles for inhouse, client and marketing purposes
- Integrate & refine individual scientific findings into broader and deeper pictures of future insight
- Enlarge & improve the variety of scientific methods and procedures that shape the outcome and
quality of our research
WHAT YOU OFFER
We strongly invite you to apply even if you meet only some of the following criteria.
As potential futures researcher:
- You are passionately interested to find out how our economic world, societies and the myriad aspects of our lives will change in the next 10 to 30 years.
- You have a strong drive to develop fruitful multi-perspective future questions and to devise successful scientific ways to answer them.
- You are ambitious to learn how to bridge the gap between cutting-edge futures insight and today’s business strategies and models.
- You have a Master’s or PHD degree in any academic field and you gain energy & inspiration from digging deeper than “commonly admitted wisdoms”.
- As scientist /researcher you are highly self-motivated and engaged to grow and learn outside of your original field of academia and professional specialization.
For your work with our clients:
- You are fluent in German (C2) and feel comfortable to socialize in English (C1).
- You are able or will learn to familiarize yourself with the business models and strategies of our clients as well as to identify how future developments will translate into necessary change for them.
- You have experience and show versatility in engaging and presenting in ways that address the needs and adapt to the individuality of your diverse audiences.
- You are willing to travel to Germany for on-site team meetings or client appointments when necessary.
As team member:
- You have a growth mindset that strives for learning and self-development and you think in many more categories than “either or”.
- Your behavior in teams fosters honesty, trust, collaboration and an open “learning from mistakes” culture.
Outstanding futures research projects and exciting responsibilities with a lot of room for creativity and development in an internationally operating company
A company culture guided by our key values: honesty, trust & learning and a diverse and engaging team culture with joyful & visionary researcher-entrepreneurs
A permanent employment contract, thorough onboarding, mentoring, and an attractive remuneration
Individual coachings & enablement trainings as well as regular teambuilding activities and offsites for company development
Flexible working hours and a flexible work location
Ample room for self-organization and group decisions concerning work procedures and remuneration
Let’s get to know each other
Please contact us by email only. A member of our team will then contact you directly by video call or telephone.
We look forward to your application (with a possible start date) and to meeting you in person or virtually (MS Teams).
Jan David Ott will answer any questions you may have about the position and guide you through the application process.
Coach & Development Trainer